Canyon County


New User Registration
Forgot Your Password
Elected OfficialsAssessorAuto License
Auto License
Stay Connected: Facebook Twitter 


The Assessor acts as a vendor for the Idaho Transportation Department and provides a more convenient location for Canyon County residents to handle registrations.  This local auto license office tends to be very busy around the beginning and end of each month.  To avoid long lines, renew your registration online .  More information on vehicle registration, fees and requirements can be found at

Identification Requirements

Effective July 1, 2009, a new law, 49-401B ,  went into effect that requires legal identification for the purposes of titling and registering vehicles.  Please be prepared the next time you come into a motor vehicle office to provide this information.  You will be required to provide your Idaho driver license or identification card number, or your social security number, full legal name and physical address for all owners listed on the vehicle.  In the case of a business, the business name and EIN will be required.  View the Personal Information Matrix  for a full list of requirements.

By knowing ahead of time and bringing this information to any future visits to a motor vehicle office, you will be prepared and your transactions can be processed more quickly and easily.

Identification is required for online renewal as well.  Simply type your Idaho driver license or identification card number,  social security number,  or EIN and the record will automatically validate the information.  In the event that your identification can not be validated, it will be necessary to complete the transaction at the local county office.

More information is available at:

Why the new requirements?

The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is working towards a "One Person-One Record" system where all of a person's (or business entity's)title, registration and driver records will be associated with that person (or business) in one master record.  This system will help DMV comply with a state law that will require identification of all of a person's registrations.  It will be impossible to sort and identify all of his/her records unless there is a customer number on each record.

How does this benefit me?

More Convenience:When DMV's "One Person-One Record" system is operational and you move to an new address, you will only have to report the address change one time to update all of your driver and vehicle records. (Remember - you are required by law to notify the DMV within 30 days of changing your address.)  The current system requires you to update each record separately.  If you forget to update a record, you may not receive your renewal notice.

Less Stress or Confusion: When legal or administrative action is taken against someone with the same or similar name as yours, it is less likely you will be contacted with bad news by mistake.

Which address should I provide if I have several?

Provide the address that you consider your home - the place that you plan to return and remain.  Do not provide your workplace, vacation, or part time residence address.

If I am just renewing a registration, do I need to comply with all the name, number and address requirements?

When renewing an existing registrations, provide your identification along with your physical address.

What if I have a grantor trust, a single member LLC, or a sole proprietorship that does not have an EIN?

After we have received and recorded documentation of your business status or trust, the system will generate a customer number for that entity.  This number should be kept for use in future title and registration transactions.

6107 Graye Lane
Caldwell, ID  83607


Phone: (208)455-6020
Fax: (208)455-6019


Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm


Auto License Online

Copyright © Canyon County, Idaho | Contact Information | Liability Disclaimer  | Site Map McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1115 Albany St. Caldwell, Idaho 83605 | Phone: (208) 454-7300