For more information on the Canyon County Sheriff’s Office, please view the Recruitment Video below:
General Statement of Duties
Performs varied nursing services for inmates in detention facilities; performs related work as required.
An employee in this class performs a variety of nursing tasks in support of the Sheriff’s Office medical function. Work includes preparing and administering medications, maintaining nursing records and files, screening new patients, assisting providers, and other nursing duties. The work is performed under the supervision of the Medical Director, with some latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The principal duties of this class are performed in a medical environment within a detention facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (may vary with specific positions, this list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary):
- Transcribes medication orders, prepares and administers medications;
- Assists providers and Registered Nurses with patient care;
- Files and maintains files of medical office;
- Answers incoming phone calls, assisting and providing referrals to other offices or staff as needed;
- Performs treatments including, but not limited to, injections, dressing changes, tubercular skin checks, and dialysis as necessary;
- Enters medication records and statistics into Office computer;
- Attends monthly meetings;
- Maintains and sanitizes instruments and equipment;
- Schedules outside medical appointments;
- Prepares, records, and collects lab specimens;
- Conducts baseline assessments and tubercular injections;
- Prepares kite and assessment clinic for providers;
- Responds to emergency situations at the detention facility;
- Screens new inmates or intakes to determine necessity of medical treatment;
- Inventories and stocks medical supplies according to office procedures;
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with County and Office policies, procedures and safety practices.
Acceptable Experience and Training
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required and specialized medical assistant training; and
- One (1) year experience as a Medical Assistant in a medical environment preferred;
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Certified as a Medical Assistant in the State of Idaho;
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a polygraph examination, through the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
Additional Documentation Required Upon Submission
- Proof of Education – GED, high school diploma or official college transcripts
- Authorization to Release Information and Investigate
|Compensation:||$16.38 per Hour|
|Application Period Ends:||1/23/2019 3:30pm|
|Job Description:||Medical Assistant.pdf|
To apply for this job please visit www.canyonco.org.