The annual Canyon County spring clean-up day for 2018 will take place on Saturday, April 28. As part of the event, Commissioners have agreed to waive landfill fees for Canyon County residents subject to the following conditions:
- FREE RESIDENTIAL CLEAN-UP WASTE ONLY: Up to one ton of residential clean-up waste will be accepted without charge. Residential clean-up waste in excess of one ton will be accepted in accordance with the regular landfill fee schedule with a credit given for the first ton.
- COMMUNITY SPONSORED COLLECTIONS: Cities may provide collection bins for purposes of participating in the countywide clean-up, provided residents are limited to one ton per household (call your local city office for details).
- REFRIGERATORS: Only one refrigeration unit will be accepted free of charge per household. Additional refrigeration units will be accepted in accordance with the regular landfill fee schedule.
- TIRES: Up to four (4) passenger car/light truck tires will be accepted free per household. Additional tires will be charged in accordance with the regular landfill fee schedule. Tires larger than passenger/light truck will not be accepted.
- WOOD WASTE AND METAL: Up to one ton of wood waste and metal will be accepted without charge. Wood waste and metal in excess of one ton will be accepted in accordance with the regular landfill fee schedule. Please note that wood waste and metal should be separated from other waste, as should tires and refrigeration units.
All other waste, including waste being delivered by commercial haulers, will be accepted in accordance with the regular landfill fee schedule. Landfill hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday. For additional information, please call (208) 466-7288.