Canyon County’s Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) is in the process of updating the 1992 countywide preservation plan. This is being funded primarily by a Historic Preservation Fund Grant from the Idaho State Historic Preservation Office. The HPC is seeking input from the community and here’s how you can help:
- Lend your Voice: Complete the online survey by clicking here.
- Participate: Join us for our first public input meeting on Thursday, January 11 from 5pm – 8pm. The meeting will be held in the public meeting room on the first floor of the Canyon County Administration Building.
- Share: Help us share this information by spreading the word to your colleagues, friends, or other agencies that have a vested interest in Historic Preservation in Canyon County.
Your input will help us:
- Better understand Canyon County’s current heritage preservation status and future interests,
- Better understand the needs/desires of county residents regarding preservation issues, and
- Establish priorities and goals for the Canyon County HPC, the county’s heritage preservation community, and the general public to focus on in the coming years.
Please click on the flyer on the right for more information. Thank you for your help in making the future of Canyon County’s past continue to get brighter!