Next Election: December 3, 2019








When: Tuesday,December 3, 2019. Polls open 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
What: Caldwell Municipal Seat 6 Runoff Election

Early voting is available from November 18, 2019 – November 29, 2019 at the Canyon County Elections Office, 1102 E Chicago, Caldwell, Idaho 83605 during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).

Voter pre-registration closes November 8, 2019. Registration cards may be mailed or delivered to the Canyon County Elections Office at 1102 E Chicago, Caldwell, Idaho 83605. You may also register online at idahovotes.gov

Registered voters may request an Absentee Ballot for the upcoming election by completing and signing a request and submitting it to the Elections Office before 5:00 p.m. on November 29, 2019. These requests may be mailed, scanned and emailed, or delivered to the Canyon County Elections Office at 1102 E Chicago, Caldwell, Idaho 83605.

Once voted, Absentee Ballots must be returned to the Elections Office at 1102 E Chicago, Caldwell, Idaho 83605 by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, December 3, 2019.

Absentee Ballot Request Form pdf

Logic and Accuracy Test
Members of the press and public are invited to attend a pre-election Logic and Accuracy Test on November 27, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. at the Elections Office located at 1102 E. Chicago in Caldwell. This test will demonstrate the accuracy of the tabulators used to count ballots on Election Night. Each tabulator will count a collection of ballots that have been marked in a prescribed pattern. This testing assures voters that the tabulators accurately count and report those results. Those who attend will have the opportunity to observe the tabulating process and ask questions.

All polling locations are open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day, you can find your precinct by clicking the Where do I vote box. Upon arrival you will be asked to show an approved Voting ID or sign a “Personal Identification Affidavit”. Approved voting IDs are:

        1. Idaho State Driver’s license or ID Card
        2. Federal Issued ID
        3. Idaho Concealed Weapons Permit
        4. Current Idaho College or High School ID
        5. Tribal Identification Card

One month prior to Election Day you can see exactly what you have to vote on by clicking on the “What’s On My Ballot?” box, enter your house number and street, if you reside in a district that has a race this election, a ballot image link will appear.

Voter Accessibility

All 55 polling locations (64 precincts), as well as our Elections Office in Caldwell, offer several options for those voters who might require accommodation including:

  1. Automark voting machines which help any individual with vision or hearing challenges;
  2. Curbside voting assistance. Voters are able to drive up and press a doorbell calling an Election Clerk to their vehicle for voting assistance as needed.
  3. All voting locations have wheelchair accessibility and handicapped vehicle parking;
  4. Absentee ballots can be mailed to your home
  5. Any questions about voter accessibility can be answered by calling the Canyon County Elections Office, Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Canyon County Precinct Map
Commissioner Districts Map
Legislative Districts Map

Need a map? Various precinct maps, commissioner district maps, legislative maps, and congressional districts maps are available to the public. Other taxing entities maps are also available, including but not limited to city, school districts, and fire districts maps.  Electronic maps may be requested as part of a Public Records Request and sent to you via email. Printed copies of the maps may be purchased for a nominal fee, depending on size, through the Canyon County Elections Office in Caldwell.


Become a Poll Worker
We are always in need of detail-oriented individuals who value the elections process and enjoy meeting new people.

Am I qualified to be an election worker?
• A U.S. citizen;
• At least 16 years of age;

There are potentially four elections each year:
• March: Second Tuesday
• May: Third Tuesday
• August: Last Tuesday
• November: Tuesday after the First Monday

Polls open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m.

What does a poll worker do?
• Attend a short training class a few weeks prior to each election at the Elections Office in Caldwell, Idaho to learn how to be a poll worker and any new items related to the next election.
• Work each Election Day from open to close, helping with set-up and take-down.
• On voting day you will check in voters and explain how to cast their ballots.

Chief Judges are paid $199 and election workers are paid $149 per day for each election. 

Can we count on you?
If you’d like to be an election poll worker in Canyon County, complete an application by clicking HERE or call our Elections Office today at 208-454-7562

Who may register to vote?
Anyone who is a U.S. citizen, 18 years of age or older, and has lived in the county for 30 days.

Where can I find a voter registration cards?
Registration cards are available under the DOCS tab on this website and at the Canyon County Election office in Caldwell or your local City Hall. Online registration is also available at idahovotes.gov, as long as you have a current and valid Idaho Driver’s License or Identification Card.

Do I need to re-register if I move within the county?
Yes, even if you move across the street or down the hall to a new apartment, you must re-register. This ensures that you are still in the same precinct and are allowed to vote in the races that are appropriate for your location.

Is my registration good as long as I never move?
Actually, if you have not voted in at least one election in a four-year period, your registration is automatically purged from the State registration system. You will need to submit a new registration card to the County elections office.

Is my voter registration public knowledge?
Yes, in compliance with Idaho Code 34-437, your voter registration is public record. The record, however, does not include sensitive information such as your social security number, driver’s license number, or date of birth.

What is the last day I can register?
Voter pre-registration closes 25 days prior to the election. However, you do have the opportunity to register at your particular polling place on Election Day. If you utilize the Early Voting option you may register at that time as well. Please be sure to bring the proper identification including a picture ID and proof of current address. An Idaho driver’s license works not only to register, but also to vote.

What is Early Voting?
Early Voting is available two weeks prior to the Election in our Canyon County Elections office at 1102 E Chicago, Caldwell, ID and closes at 5:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to the election. Please call the Elections office for further information. If you are early voting, you may also register to vote at the same time.

What is an Absentee Ballot?
An Absentee Ballot enables you to vote in advance from your home. It is a perfect option for those voters who are homebound and are unable to come out on Election Day. It’s also an option for voters who may be out of town on Election Day.

How do I get an Absentee Ballot?
All requests for an Absentee Ballot must be received in writing in the elections office. If you are currently registered to vote in Canyon County, you may complete a request form in person at the Canyon County Elections Office, or print one off from the DOCS page of this website. You may also submit a written request to the Elections Office at 1102 E. Chicago, Caldwell, ID 83605. Your signed request must list your complete name and your Canyon County residential address, the address you would like the Absentee Ballot request mailed. Please note, parents cannot request ballots for their children.

When should I send my Absentee Ballot in?
Please send your ballot back as soon as you complete it. The ballot must be in our office on or before Election Day at 8:00 p.m. to be counted. If you take your Absentee Ballot to your precinct on Election Day, it will be spoiled and another will be reissued. Ballots must be voted in the same precinct in which they are issued.

What time am I able to vote on Election Day?
Polling Places are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

I have disabilities that make voting difficult. What can I do?
Canyon County is committed to ensuring no qualified individual with a disability is, by reason of such disability, excluded from participating in or is denied the right to vote.

All 55 polling places (64 precincts), as well as our Elections Office, offer several options for those voters who might require accommodation including:

  1. Automark voting machines which help any individual with vision or hearing challenges;
  2. Curbside voting assistance. Voters are able to drive up and press a doorbell calling an Election Clerk to their vehicle for voting assistance as needed. Election Clerks confirm voter registration, bring the secured ballot to the voter as well as deposit the confidential ballot on the voter’s behalf, all while the voter remains in the vehicle;
  3. Private voting table and chair for voters who are in a wheelchair or are unable to comfortably use the traditional voting booths;
  4. All voting locations have wheelchair accessibility and handicapped vehicle parking;
  5. Absentee Ballot voting is always an option for those who would like to vote from the comfort of their own home or residential facility in advance;
  6. Additionally, our Precinct and Elections Office Staff is always willing and able to help in any way that they can to provide a complete voting experience to all registered voters in Canyon County.

Any questions about voter accessibility can be answered by calling the Canyon County Elections Office, Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

If I do not vote in the primary, can I vote in the general?
Yes, you may vote in any election if you are a registered voter.

Do I have to vote a straight party ticket in the general?
No. You do not have to vote a straight party ticket in the general election. However the primary election on even years has special requirements related to party tickets.

Does the State of Idaho register by party?
Yes. As a result of a federal court decision the 2011 Idaho Legislature passed House Bill 351 implementing a closed primary system. Persons who are not members of a party may not participate in the selection of that party’s nominees unless the political parties opt to open their primary elections to “unaffiliated” voters and members of other political parties if they so choose. The party chairman must notify the Secretary of State six months prior to the primary if the party intends to open its primary election to those outside the party.

Does my party affiliation affect my voting options in an election?
In primary elections, unless the party chooses to allow others outside the party to participate in its primary election, only registered voters of a political party may vote to select their party’s nominees. In other words, at primary elections, registered Republicans may vote only for Republican candidates, and registered Democrats may vote only for Democratic candidates. If a party chooses to have an “open” primary, then registered voters of any party may vote in their primary race. A party with a closed primary allows only registered voters from their party to vote for that party’s candidate. Typically, in Idaho, Republicans have a closed primary and Democrats have an open primary. Persons who are registered as “unaffiliated” (not affiliated with any political party) may not vote for partisan candidates in primary elections unless the party decides to allow them. Independent candidates appear on the ballot only at the general election and are not part of the primary election. Since Idaho has never required party registration prior to July 1, 2011, there are approximately 742,000 registered voters who are not affiliated with any political party. Electors can designate their party affiliation with the Democratic, Republican, Constitution or Libertarian Party or select no party affiliation (unaffiliated) by:

  • Filling out a Party Affiliation Declaration form;
  • A voter who is unaffiliated may affiliate with a party at the polls at the next Primary Election.

Anyone who has not declared a party affiliation before a Primary Election will be registered as an unaffiliated voter. Twenty-five (25) days prior to an election, a voter may change their party affiliation.

There are elections on nonpartisan issues scheduled to be held in conjunction with primaries, such as judicial elections, bond or levy elections or state or local elections. All registered voters are entitled to vote on nonpartisan issues during primaries. Party registration requirements have no effect on general election procedures. At general elections, all voters receive exactly the same ballot and may vote for any candidate whose name appears on it, without regard to the political affiliation of the candidate or the voter.

Where do I find information regarding Campaign Finance Forms?
Campaign Finance forms are located under the DOCS tab.

Note: All candidates must file campaign finance forms with the Canyon County Election’s Office at 1102 E. Chicago, Caldwell, ID 83605 .
Candidates for City positions file campaign finance documents with their City Clerk.

Haley Hicks – Elections Supervisor

Kylie Marks – Technical Administrator

Brandi Long – Election Specialist

Cathleen Smith – Election Specialist






Need a voter list or election report?

Public Records Request


1102 E Chicago St
Caldwell, ID 83605


P 208-454-7562



Weekdays 8am – 5pm
(excluding holidays)

Polling Place 8am-8pm
(Election Day Only)

English | Español