The goal of the Canyon County Security Department is to protect Canyon County operations; employees, assets, information, integrity, and reputation from potential threats.
The Security Department is guided by applicable state and local law, the Canyon County Personnel Manual, and asset protection best known practices (BKM). These references fashion and influence the way we operate at all County owned and operated locations. The Security Department strives for professionalism, collaboration, and respect for employees, stakeholders, and the public.
The Security Department recognizes that successfully achieving and maintaining effective security operations relies upon employee participation, commitment, and accountability.
- The security and protection of all Canyon County business activity is the overriding priority of the Security Department.
- Management must be vigilant, collaborating with the Security Department, when business activities may require improved security mitigations or changes to current security aspects.
- Threat analysis and risk evaluation, carried out on a continual basis, enables a strategy of prevention.
- Preparedness is essential to mitigate incidents rapidly and effectively. Response plans must be developed where necessary and tested to deal with assessed risks.
- Security measures and procedures must be submitted to regular audit. These verifications and reviews enable continual improvement and are necessary to meet changes in operation or evolving risk.
- The level of professionalism and integrity of Security Department staff must be exemplary. Appropriate training plans, recruitment and contracting procedures must be established and implemented.
- All incidents, including security breaches and irregularities, must be reported and recorded. Corrective action shall be taken and followed up through regular verifications to improve the overall security standard.
As far as possible, Security Department activities should be flexible, and reflect the seamless integration of security protections and Canyon County business activities.
1115 Albany St.
Caldwell, ID 83605
Weekdays 8am – 5pm