General Statement of Duties
Maintains voter registration files, performs data entry into the statewide voter registration system, assists candidates with filing, receives and checks candidate filings and petitions, performs a wide variety of pre-election, election, and post-election duties for Canyon County residents; performs work within the Clerk’s organization as needed. My require overtime during periods leading up to and including Election day.
The principal function of an employee in this class is to provide effective customer service, provide general clerical support and records maintenance, and answer phones in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task. An Elections Specialist must possess strong clerical and customer service skills; he/she has acquired knowledge of Department functions through on-the-job experience and is a department-related specialist with a good working knowledge of Department policies and procedures and Idaho Title 34 – Elections. The work is performed under the supervision of the Elections Operations Supervisor, although some latitude is granted for independent judgment using standard practices to resolve customer issues or correct procedures. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office environment.
Acceptable Experience and Training
- High school diploma or GED equivalency is required, preferably supplemented with course
- work in accounting, math or other business applications; and
- Two (2) years general clerical experience is required, preferably in an elections office position; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Elections experience preferred
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
Canyon County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions related to recruitment and selections are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
|Contact:||Human Resources, 208-454-6610|
|Application Period Ends:||OPEN UNTIL FILLED|
|Job Description:||ELECTIONS SPECIALIST|
To apply for this job please visit www.canyonco.org.